Re: fix for unaligned accesses

Patrick Lam <plam@xxxxxxx> さんは書きました:

> Mike FABIAN wrote:
>> Have you looked into this issue?
>
> I was planning to take a look at the open issues today.

Thank you!

>> It used to be possible to create a cache file in a directory
>> with
>>
>>      fc-cache directory
>>
>> even if this directory was not a subdirectory of a font directory
>> listed in a .conf file.  I think this behaviour should not be changed,
>> it should be possible to create a cache in /var/cache/fontconfig for
>> an arbitrary directory by giving it as an argument on the fc-cache
>> commandline.  It would be confusing if a cache is only generated if
>> that directory is a subdirectory of a directory listed in a .conf
>> file.
>
> Why would you want to do that?  It seems like it would be flawed unless
> you got a canonical path for the directory anyway.

Only because it used to work like that and it is a bit confusing if
the behaviour changes suddenly.

To get information about unknown fonts, I used to put them in some
temporary directory and call "fc-cache ." there, then I looked into
the cache file.

As the caches are now (usually) generated in /var/cache/fontconfig, it
has become a bit inconvenient anyway to find out which cache file
belongs to which directory, therefore I guess you are right that it
doesn't matter to loose that behaviour.

If I want to check what cache files are generated for some new,
unknown fonts, I'll have to add the temporary directory to
~/.fonts.conf now.

That's no big problem, therefore I think you are right that we
can forget about directories which are not subdirectories of
directories listed in a .conf file.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@xxxxxxx>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。