Re: Peculiar errors with libvirt/virt-manager/xen in F18

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 06:54:16PM +0100, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 15:30 -0600, Major Hayden wrote:
> > On Feb 8, 2013, at 6:11 PM, M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > libvirt-daemon-xen is just a metapackage which pulls in packages you might want to use when using libvirt with xen, so it will go if you remove libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl but removing it doesn't change anything else. I suspect it was the libvirt restart that fixed your problems.
> > >
> > > 	Michael Young
> >
> > Thanks for that quick reply.
> >
> > I went through the whole process on a new server this afternoon and Xen is running fine.  You're probably right about that libvirtd restart being the critical piece.  Thanks again for your hard work with Xen. ;)
> >
> Ok, so it seems the package we want (for now) to be installed is
> libvirt-daemon-driver-xen, and not libvirt-daemon-xen... Does that
> sounds right?

No, people want to be installing 'libvirt-daemon-xen' in most
circumstances. This has deps to ensure that you have all the
"recommended" packages required to run libvirt + xen together.
libvirt-daemon-driver-xen, is just the bare minimum libvirt
driver and nothing else, so is not what users typically want.

Daniel