Re: Updating xen package does not 'refresh' grub.cfg

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 12:17 +0000, M A Young wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Dario Faggioli wrote:
>
> > Just booting another option, executing manually `grub2-mkconfig
> > -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg' and rebooting again did the trick.
>
> The standard Fedora location for the grub2 configuration file is
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Yes, your right, and hat was what I meant (I always got it wrong because
I come from Debian, where the '2' is not there). Sorry.

> and this is updated for me when the xen-hypervisor
> package is updated, so I am not sure why your configuration is
> there.

As said above, config is in grub2.cfg for me too, and I'm sure that a
plain reboot, following an upgrade, did not succeed, until I booted a
non-xen option and rebuild the config manually. If it works for you, it
must be something related to my installation, which is annoying, but
less worrisome... I don't mind rerunning grub2-mkconfig, what I wanted
to make sure is it wasn't something being hit by everyone using Xen. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Dario