Re: pciback at boot time

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012, Gordon McLellan wrote:

I'm having a decent amount of trouble getting pciback to behave the way I'd
like it to.
Originally I found xen-pciback was compiled as a module and not directly
into the kernel, ruling out use of the boot-time argument
xen-pciback.hide=(blah) ... so I recompiled my kernel, incluging pciback
directly into the kernel.

Could you pass the option to the module by creating a file in /etc/modprobe.d/ to supply the options to the module (the modprobe.conf explains the format)? I think those files get copied over to the initramfs when you install a kernel so they should still be used even if the module is loaded early in the boot process.

Incidentally, you seem to be using xen-pciback in one place and pciback in another. With a recent Fedora based kernel I would expect you would need to use xen-pciback throughout.

	Michael Young