Re: xen 4.1.0-rc8

On 3/25/11 9:34 AM, M A Young wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, fcxen user wrote:
>
>> If I have Fedora 10 - Fedora 14 domUs running on fc8 dom0s with plain disk
>> image files and bridged networking, can I move some of these to this F15 dom0,
>> should they run ok there?
>
> Disk access in the guests is slow with my current F15 2.6.38 dom0 kernel
> because it is doing it through qemu, and that hasn't been optimised very well
> yet.
> The 2.6.32 dom0 kernel I just built should have better performance, but
> probably won't work with systemd, which is now the default init system in F15.
>
> Michael Young

OK, I might try F15 then I am not so worried about disk performance, I am most
interested in the memory sharing/oversubsciption  technology that I thought
was now in 4.x.y. Does anyone know if that is the case, I think it was code
from Oracle?

Also, do you anticipate then updating these packages throughout the life of
F15 (even if they are just in testing or some other repo)?

Thanks again to everyone who has worked/is working to squeeze this in.