Re: obsolete http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 06:35:52 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Old habits die hard. I have to admit I never use ip either.

I found it useful for cases where I needed to have multiple layer 3 networks
on the same layer 2 network segment. For example when playing with
wireless routers. It is a lot easier to add another network to an
inferface using ip addr then playing with the high level network config
tools. Particularly when the changes are meant to be short lived.