Re: fftw-libs

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Jayson Rowe <jayson.rowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I saw a blog post this morning from Kevin Fenzi
> (http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2012/05/09/fedora-17-prerelease-and-updates-testing/)
> about how the updates-testing repo is now disabled, and I should do a
> 'yum distro-sync' to ensure no problems. When I did that, I had to
> uninstall fftw-libs to make it work. I'm really not sure what this
> package does, or if it's something I actually need. I was wondering if
> someone could provide some insight.

fftw changed the package structure completely and is now currently
being pushed to stable:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-6879/python-anfft-0.1-4.fc17,fftw-3.3.1-3.fc17

In this case you definitely don't need to uninstall fftw, just wait,
till it's in the normal updates repo and you won't see this again with
'yum distro-sync'.
When an update is rejected in updates-testing, it won't ever made it
to the proper updates, so you'd need the distro-sync to properly
remove it.

Greetings,
   Tom