Re: F17: Firewall disable/stop

Ed Greshko ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 06/05/2012 07:55:
On 05/06/2012 01:46 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
I have 3 different F17, but only 1 fresh installation: I have installed
system-config 1.2.29-7.FC17 on all machines, but when I start it on the fresh F-17
I get an error stating:
ERROR:FirewallD is active, please use firewall-config

What does it mean??

It means "firewalld" is being used as opposed to iptables.

I forgot the link on fedoraproject that talks about firewalld.  But, I wouldn't spend
too much time on it since firewalld, I've heard, is being dropped as the default
firewall for F17 and being pushed back to F18.

I am confused...
If I SSH from fresh F17 to an updated F17 everything is o.k.: on the other way from the updated F17 to fresh F17, I get the message that key verification didn't succeed (and password is correct): I guess that it si something connected to firewall. Any hint?? and I cannot also share in Public folders..

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F16 (Verne) on Acer 5720