Re: Fedora-17 Irritations

On 22/04/12 21:29, Samuel Sieb wrote:
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
It looks like there isn't a gui for it any more, but see this URL for
how to change it:
http://ccollins.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/how-to-change-date-formats-on-ubuntu/

You want to change the 1 in the following section to a 2.
LC_MEASUREMENT
measurement 1
END LC_MEASUREMENT

I've done that to no obvious effect. Before you ask, I did reboot
after the
change so I'm stumped again (although I must be in the correct area).
A little
more poking around in the locale file to see if there is another
parameter to
change. ;-)

Did you change the existing file or copy it to make a new one? If you
made the new one, which I would definitely recommend, did you switch to it?

Just for the record, I edited the file in situ and then re-booted. For such a trivial change in a test environment I see no need for copying, although I accept your point in the general case.

Peter HB