Re: Fedora-17 Irritations

On 23/04/12 15:19, Ed Greshko wrote:
[cut]

Of course the OP is only asking for one change to satisfy himself.
He isn't asking what you've suggested.  And, he hasn't suggested that
a bugzilla or RFE needs filing to change the current behavior.

So, how about focusing on what he wants for himself?

Thanks, Ed.

I believe what he wants is a locale where LC_MESSAGES= gives a
variable that results in imperial measurements being defined.  If
that isn't what he wants/needs I would hope he would tell us.

He was given 2 avenues which are thought to accomplish what he wants.
Personally, I prefer the $HOME/.i18n route.

The one method he tried seemed not to work....but he didn't supply
more details as to why he thinks it didn't work.

Sorry for not responding more quickly. :-)
I'm time sharing between a wife in Intensive Care in the nearby hospital, a needy dog that doesn't understand that her walker is away and trying to make sense of Fedora and GNOME!

I shall try the .i18n suggestion later today. In the absence of an intelligent option for the system user, I don't accept that non-English personnel should seek to impose an alien, simplistic numbering system on such as myself. However I could stick with Ubuntu, despite Unity. :-)

Peter HB