[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Test-Announce] F17 Beta to slip by an additional week.

At the Go/No-Go meeting it was decided to slip the Beta by an additional week[1]. Minutes follow below.

Though the QA team was able to get through all validation testing, it was found that preupgrade was not functioning at an acceptable level, thus becoming an additional blocker which prevents us from shipping RC3, and necessitating the creation of an RC4.

As a result, ALL MAJOR MILESTONES, and their dependent tasks, will be pushed out by one week. Beta will now be looking at an expected release of 2012-04-17, and F17 GA is now scheduled for 2012-05-22. This is the second one-week slip of beta.

Adjustments to the full F17 schedule have been completed and now reflect the above Beta and GA dates, and high-level milestones have been updated as well on the Schedule wiki page[3].

We will be meeting again next Wednesday for another Go/No-Go meeting (2012-04-11.) All hail our QA pals and the anacondanistas for their dedication (and many, many others as well).


[1] Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2012-04-05/gono-go_continuation_f17_beta_rc3_part_two_or_three.2012-04-05-15.00.html

Logs: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2012-04-05/gono-go_continuation_f17_beta_rc3_part_two_or_three.2012-04-05-15.00.log.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Current_Release_Blockers

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule


#fedora-meeting-1: Go/No Go Continuation, Round Two, RC3, F17

Meeting started by rbergeron at 15:00:38 UTC. The full logs are
available at

Meeting summary
* Who's up  (rbergeron, 15:01:03)

* Test Results  (rbergeron, 15:11:31)
  * LINK:
    (rbergeron, 15:11:37)
  * LINK:
    (rbergeron, 15:12:11)
  * LINK:
    (rbergeron, 15:12:22)
  * AGREED: we are okay with the level of test coverage as of now on RC3
    (rbergeron, 15:16:31)

* Blockers  (rbergeron, 15:16:41)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741594  (adamw, 15:18:19)
  * LINK: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741594#c14
    (Martix, 15:18:54)
  * AGREED: 741594 does not hit any of the criteria and the cited
    scenarios are not significant enough to worry about delaying the
    beta  (adamw, 15:29:18)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810226  (adamw, 15:31:12)
  * LINK: http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/9198/   (adamw,

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810161  (adamw, 15:48:57)
  * AGREED: 810161 is rejected as a blocker because the impact is minor
    (it's essentially a cosmetic bug, desktop is still usable), also it
    only hits one specific virt configuration so it can at least be
    worked around. accepted as NTH and will be commonbugs'ed if we ship
    with it  (adamw, 16:13:56)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810289  (adamw, 16:14:24)
  * AGREED: #810289 is rejected as a blocker on the basis that we've
    never actually checked for low space on upgrade (and hence have
    implictly never considered it a blocking issue). anaconda will just
    try to upgrade and explode. so this isn't in fact a regression
    compared to earlier releases, and we don't have a specific
    requirement for a low space check in criteria or anywhere else.
    accepted as NTH  (adamw, 16:31:38)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810136  (adamw, 16:31:59)
  * AGREED: 810136 turns out to be a dupe of 810005, moving discussion
    (adamw, 19:45:37)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810005  (adamw, 19:45:42)
  * AGREED: 810005 is accepted as a blocker per criterion "The installer
    must be able to successfully complete an upgrade installation from a
    clean, fully updated default installation (from any official install
    medium) of the previous stable Fedora release, either via preupgrade
    or by booting to the installer manually. The upgraded system must
    meet all release criteria". the known workaround has too many
    limitations to be considered 'good enough'  (adamw, 19:53:23)

* Go or no-go?  (rbergeron, 19:54:12)
  * we have a blocker.  (rbergeron, 19:54:27)
  * qa votes no-go, as do various others from engineering, fesco, pm
    (rbergeron, 19:55:18)
  * AGREED: we are no-go on F17 Beta RC3 sadly  (adamw, 19:58:27)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to update schedule.... again  (rbergeron,
  * ACTION: rbergero to send slip mail  (rbergeron, 20:00:19)
  * ACTION: tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
    (rbergeron, 20:00:38)
  * ACTION: qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz  (rbergeron,
  * ACTION: adamw to get a hole in one  (rbergeron, 20:03:23)
  * we will re-convene tomorrow or monday  (adamw, 20:08:56)

Meeting ended at 20:08:59 UTC.

Action Items
* rbergeron to update schedule.... again
* rbergero to send slip mail
* tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
* qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz
* adamw to get a hole in one

Action Items, by person
* adamw
  * adamw to get a hole in one
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron to update schedule.... again
* tflink
  * tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
  * rbergero to send slip mail
  * qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz

People Present (lines said)
* adamw (360)
EDITOR'S NOTE: Dude! It's like 360 degrees of adamw :)
* wwoods (99)
* rbergeron (91)
* tflink (56)
* bcl (54)
* nirik (49)
* Kevin_Kofler (37)
* ajax (32)
* Martix (19)
* rdieter_work (8)
* zodbot (6)
* cpuobsessed (5)
* pjones (5)
* ianweller (4)
* kalev (3)
* spot (3)
* satellit_laptop (1)
* pschindl_ (1)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

test-announce mailing list
test mailing list
To unsubscribe:

[Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Photo Sharing]     [Yosemite Forum]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]

Powered by Linux