Re: How to clear Samba through SELinux

On Sun, 2012-10-07 at 18:27 +0100, Tristan Santore wrote:

> > So in essence, my Fedora box is a good client but a bad server. I think
> > maybe SELinux is the one remaining obstacle. I need to know how to clear
> > it.
> >
> > Temlakos

To determine if selinux is blocking you can toggle detection only mode
by running the following command:

setenforce 0

No reboot required or anything, it goes into effect immediately
Then do your tests

You can see the current status of selinux with:

getenforce

if it returns "Permissive" then your selinux is in detection only mode
if it returns "Enforcing" then your selinux is in full prevention mode

If your tests succeeds when selinux is in permissive mode but not when
selinux is in enforcing mode then it is likely selinux blocking access.

If your tests fail in both permissive as well as enforcing mode then you
can rule out any selinux issues and look for issues elsewhere

After your tests be sure to go back to enforcing mode:

setenforce 1