RE: Unable to activate SELinux (on RHEL 6.2)

> > The only thing I can see is:
> > tgl90a-8401 root:/etc/init $ cat /var/log/messages
> > Jun 13 13:41:30 tgl90a-8401 kernel: SELinux:  Initializing.
> >

> > Does anybody know if I need additional packages on the system or any
> > special setting set?
> > 	If tried "permissive" mode with /.autorelable - which didn't
> > work either
>
> It's /.autorelabel not /.autorelable and only takes effect on a reboot
> (which you didn't explicitly mention doing though I presume you did).
Thanks for pointing out this typo ... this happens all the time ;-)

I'm also glad to let the group know that I was able to fix the issue.
The problem was/is, that SELinux is being initialized by initramfs

Anyhow, when removing all parts from the installation (that is what we did) then SELinux support is not included in the initramfs
So I simply had to install the required packages and recreate initramfs using Dracut

After that everything was/is working like a charm :-D

Thanks to anyone for the help - I really appreciate that!

Cheers,
Si