RE: Suggestion on autorelabel

Poking around with a couple of commands gave me some results:

# e2fsck -nv /dev/mapper/slsvg-usrvol
   91208 regular files
   11779 directories
       0 character device files
       0 block device files
       0 fifos
   20300 links
     642 symbolic links (642 fast symbolic links)
       0 sockets
--------
  123929 files

# find /usr -xdev | wc
 123929  123929 7687890

I wasn't able to get good timings, because even running the e2fsck command seemed to help the find command run faster.  I'd expect though that either of those commands will complete more quickly than the fetch-the-name;fetch-its-attribute;get-the-context;get-the-correct-context;compare-them;write-the-new-context loop.  Whether that would be sufficiently more quickly to justify the extra overhead time in setting it up is an experiment I don't have the leisure time to conduct at the moment ;-).

Moray.
“To err is human; to purr, feline.”