Re: May I file 1000 bugs aka upstream test suite tracking

On 21/02/14 14:57, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 02:53:55PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 21/02/14 14:51, Alexander Todorov wrote:

I want to track which packages *DO NOT* have any tests and later be able
to focus on creating them (be it working with volunteers, GSoC
participants or whoever is willing to step up to this task).

Why would you file a bug in the Fedora bug tracker when the package
has no test suite upstream? That makes no sense - if the upstream
package has no tests then the bug belongs upstream not in Fedora.

I don't believe that is what he is proposing. I read it as meaning
filing bugs where upstream *does* have a test suite, but the RPM
specfile has not enabled it in %check.

That was what I thought he really meant originally, and that was what the wiki page suggested, but it doesn't seem to be what he is saying in the message I quoted.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/