Re: Vendor name?

On 24/01/14 02:59, Christopher Meng wrote:
Hi,

Povray was disallowed in Fedora because prior to 3.7 version its
license is non-free[1]. An archive is available at:

Now since 3.7 it has been re-licensed under AGPLv3 and now Ralf has
packaged it and prepared to push it to Fedora[2].

But I found something not sure about in the SPEC file[3], as this
software supports setting vendor names during building:

   COMPILED_BY=""

I see that Ralf wrote COMPILED_BY="The Fedora Project", but I'm not
sure if it's the correct one?

Here are the choices avilable IMO ONLY:

   COMPILED_BY="The Fedora Project"

or

   COMPILED_BY="Fedora Project"

Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Perhaps rather than hard-coding it, it could use "%{?vendor}", which might work out better for downstream distros?

I *think* the Fedora build system sets this to "Fedora Project".

Paul.