Re: SCL discussion at yesterday's meeting, easy stuff

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ngggh. If the point is to have a stack that lives outside of the OS... then
> it should *live outside of the OS*, not be grafted into a subpoint of the
> OS. (IOW, I disagree.)

At last week's meeting some people were not on board with the idea
that SCLs provided by Fedora in the mainstream Fedora Repositories are
"outside the OS".

"""
I still say "can't be in opt" but people seem to have decided that
even though SCLs are part of Fedora, they aren't part of Fedora.  I
mean, I'm seeing the argument that even though we're shipping them,
they aren't part of the OS.  And I just don't understand that.
"""

@notting, are you able to explain this viewpoint any better?
@tibbs -- I think you were the primary person asking for this question
to be answered.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm not getting the
full gist of what you are concerned about.

-Toshio