Re: SCL -- buildtime information

On 10/08/2013 12:55 PM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
Anyway, the problem here is that I think it's cleaner to have two
different spec files in some cases (with and without SCL) then having
single package with "%if 0%{?scl:1}" everywhere. You have different
opinion probably and that's OK. I've just wanted to share my view of
this problem :).

We recommended to all projects to build packages also without scl in scl branch to check build errors. Sometimes it helped to find some new errors, which shouldn't be happening. I don't recall the exact problem.

Specfile is definitely more readable without ifdefs, but one of the use-cases is to build the same set of packages even in different buildroot without scl. I would be in favour to keep this behaviour.

Marcela