Re: Should INSTALL file presented in RPM?

On 09/27/2013 01:08 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to file tickets(bugs) to notify packagers of including INSTALL
> files in RPMs. I think we don't have the needs to ship these files for
> install instructions.
>
> Any ideas? If all you agree I will start doing it now.

NAK, bad idea

Many INSTALL files contain valuable information potentially beyond just
how to build and install the project. At times it can also be very
helpful to understand how the RPM packaging may have deviated from the
generic instructions or may have applied specific configuration to the
generic installation instructions.

If the packager felt it was valuable to include the INSTALL file then I
see no point in mindlessly overriding their discretion and experience.

--
John