Re: Naming policy for adding language translation packages

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Parag N(पराग़) <panemade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/16/2013 09:06 AM, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
Hi,
    I see that we are getting more and more translations packages in
Fedora and those can be installed now via yum-langpacks plugin. I found
that these packages are not following uniqueness in their naming. e.g.
If I look into Russian language translation packages then we have real
fedora package names as

tesseract-langpack-rus
kde-l10n-Russian
libreoffice-langpack-ru
childsplay-alphabet_sounds_ru

My suggestion is we should have some naming guidelines like use language
codes for language translation packages e.g. for Russian language your
package should end with "-ru" only.

Embedding the locale in the pkg name makes good sense.

Would you be willing to write up a packaging guildeline draft?

Yes. I will reply soon with some draft on this.

Thanks,
Parag.