Re: Question regarding min and max dependencies

Dne 8.3.2013 10:57, Nicolas Mailhot napsal(a):
Le Jeu 7 mars 2013 16:47, Shawn Iwinski a écrit :
Is it valid to use 2 requires of the same dependency for min / max
versions?  For example, I have a package "foo" that depends on package
"bar" >= 1.0 and also "bar" < 2.0.

I have seen many packages use this:
Requires: bar >= 1.0
Conflicts: bar >= 2.0

but I would like to use the following (which may help with finding
dependencies using repoquery):
Requires: bar >= 1.0
Requires: bar < 2.0
That will almost certainly *not* do what you intend, as a system with a
package providing bar 0.9 and another providing bar 3.0 will satisfy your
rules.

And that is no true. Try it. YUM can handle it as expected.

Vít

  You you want a real version range you can't avoid Conflicts, as rpm
evaluates Requires separately from one another.

Regards,