Re: Are brackets around macros required?

Michael Schwendt:
> Do you parse them all without testing?

>From your question I was kind of expecting some surprising exception.
But when I tested they all behaved the way I would have thought.

But it doesn't matter.  I understand I'm not convincing anyone, and
I'll change my package to follow this rule.

One more detail before I go away.  Spec files do contain small scripts
(%build, %post, etc.)  These scripts can use both spec file macros and
shell variables.  The exchangable %{buildroot} and ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}
for example.  Does the rule to to always use brackets apply to both,
or only to the spec macros?