Re: Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Hi Phil:

I don't know what to do either, being no expert programmer.  Hopefully
the package maintainer is reading this list, and can fix the package.

It looks like you're using a qtractor package from the Fedora rawhide
repository, though, and you're running Fedora 12.  That in itself
shouldn't be a problem, but you might consider installing the RPM Fusion
repository and using the qtractor package available from there.  This is
what I've been using in F12 to write the Guide, and I've had no problems.

So something like...
1.) yum remove qtractor
2.) Follow the instructions here: http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
3.) yum install qtractor (I've got 0.4.6-1.fc12, which is the same version)

Of course, RPM Fusion is a non-Fedora repository, so there are added
risks when you use their packages.

The Qtractor chapter doesn't yet have a completed first draft, but when
it does, it will be listed on this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Crantila/FSC/Drafts

Good luck!

Christopher.