Re: Hello (new fedora-music member)

Orcan,

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
Hello,
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Orcan Ogetbil. I am a
theoretical physicist, recently graduated from Penn State University.
I have been using Redhat Linux/Fedora since Redhat 7.2 . I play mainly
bass, also guitar and some percussion and I compose in my free time.
Here you can find some of my work (sorry, mp3 only):

http://www.phys.psu.edu/~oogetbil/music

I have been using ardour+hydrogen quite extensively (the above work is
done entirely with these applications) and PlanetCCRMA has been one of
my most frequent stops to obtain kernel-rt and audio applications.

I recently started packaging for Fedora. My packages include
tuxguitar, hydrogen-drumkits, TSE3, musixtex, kguitar; where the last
two are awaiting review. Until today, I wasn't aware of the existence
of such a SIG. Actually, I was thinking of starting such a SIG lately.
It looks like I am a little late. Very well...

Before sending this email, I did some work on the wiki, mainly created
some tables to ease the categorization of sound applications. I will
work on it more, but it will make things a lot easier for me if
everybody adds his/her audio application to the relevant table.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreation

Also, if you have an audio creation application awaiting a review,
please put it on the second table. It will attract more attention and
this way we can get our applications faster into Fedora.

I will add to the wishlist in the following days as I made a list of
interesting audio applications that would be good to include in
Fedora.

I want something like Hyperscore (http://www.hyperscore.com) for Linux!

Apparently it would be very hard to do . .

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411