Re: Feedback from Distrowatch

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Serious question; Should the Fedora logo be changed?

No!
Seriously why we should change our logo for few people (it was just a sample)

I have never heard such thing from my community.

anyway other projects do not have that advantage ;-)

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20120507#news

'
The Fedora website provided fairly positive results. Everyone was able
to find an appropriate download link for the Fedora ISOs. Likewise,
people were able to find the documentation to walk them through an
installation without too much trouble. What I found a bit amusing was
that almost a third of the participants thought Fedora was some sort of
Facebook plugin or application instead of a full operating system, due
to the project's logo. This is one of those things people inside the
Linux community would probably never consider, but there's a bit of a
confusion over the brand (apparently) where outsiders are concerned."

Rahul

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

Just a little reminder, Fedora was around BEFORE Facebook. If there is anyone who should change their logo, it's Facebook, not us.

--
-Elad Alfassa.