Re: [Design-team] What to do with start.fp.o?

Hi,

On 06/18/2011 04:33 AM, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> Some ideas:
> * what is exciting about Fedora for non-geek users
> * a list of apps (useful or to have fun with)
> * libre multimedia content (like Miro Guide or VODO), cool stuff like Big Buck Bunny and Sintel
> * Fedora Planet feed
> * A web-based community chat / support channel
> * call for participation (something like "What would you like to improve: etc."), list of burning community tasks
Aren't most of these point fulfilled by www.fedoraproject.org? I think a
start page is something which should show you every day something
different (like news etc.) or it should be as clean as possible.

I did some mockups for start.fpo a while ago. [1]
Maybe they can be extended by some features every user could add or
remove on his "own" start page. I have something like Netvibes [2] or
myfav.es [3] on my mind. This should be possible by cookies or a special
url.

Regards, vinz.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Vinz/Projects#Fedora_startpage
[2] http://www.netvibes.com