[Preview] Online Event for Fedora 15 launching day in China area
ÂÂ I am so happy to announce that on behalf of Fedora Chinese community team,I am in process of preparing the online event of Fedora 15 launching day in our China area. I send this mail to all of you so that you could know how about my plan and what our event will be. Please remeber to send CC to me if you are willing to say anything about this event.
To call for all exist and potential user of Fedora keep focusing on Fedora 15 and try to use it.
To attract potential Fedora contributors to join Fedora project as contributor, and dig excellent ones to be ambassadors
To give a big push of Fedora 15 come out
To let more and more people know Fedora project
To distribute media of Fedora 15
The whole week during Fedora 15 releasing
http:// t.sina.com.cnÂ (Chinese nameÂ Sina Weibo, which is Chinese type of twitter)
(Sina WeiBo is the most famous local Chinese twitter with millions of active users. They are from different fields of work.)
Official Weibo of Fedora Chinese (http://t.sina.com.cn/fzug)
1. Making news of Fedora 15, Fedora community on Sina Weibo through our official Weibo there. Attract more people go to focus us as our fans.
2. Work with Fedora APAC team to prepare some small gift for the event. Also get some help for preparing CDs and DVDs of Fedora 15.
3. Work with Fedora Design team to prepare Fedora related stickers, posters, and those things of Fedora 15.
4. Work with Fedora Marketing team to do more promotion work for Fedora in China and paying effort to attract more linux users to come to focus on Fedora.
ÂWarm -up ActivityÂ (Time sets to one or two weeks before F15 launch)
1. Translate and publish out F15 related news, introduction about Fedora 15. Keep pushing those information to our Fedora Chinese site and Sina Twitter.
2. Focus on the most active users interactive with us, go to communicate and let them join us
3. Publish 1st warm-up activity online through Sina Weibo with the topic ofÂ "Why you love Fedora?". Feedback active ones with prepared stickers or small gifts.
4. Keep frequently updating the news, introduction of Fedora 15 throughÂ Sina Weibo.
Launching Day and week
1. Translate and update important part of ReleaseNote of Fedora 15, push to Sina Weibo
2. Open the main online event with the topic of "Say Hello to Fedora 15".Â Keep this warm up all that day.
Â Â (considering if need to invite some Fedora expert in China to make an online QA for Fedora 15.)
3. Publish the lucky user list who join our main online event with feedback them small gifts and CDs of Fedora 15.
4. Keep the main event until whole week with aiming at attract more people come to focus Fedora. Team will focus on taking the ones most interested with Fedora, go to communicate and invite them join us.
QA and Media Distribution
1. Keep warm up our Sina WeiBo and community after launching day with considering plenty of questions will come for Fedora 15.Â Team will try our best to answer and feedback to all people in our community and WeiBo.
2. Confirm media preparation, select active users and push them some CDs or DVDs.
3. Try to satisfy at least 100 persons who want to love Fedora and send them Fedora 15 CDs
End of event
Contributor and Ambassador digging
Will ask all exist ambassadors and mentor in China area try to get some really Fedora users and who want to contribute join as contributor. Ambassadors and mentors will go on looking into them to discover excellent ones and recommend them as ambassador.
All of above is my plan for the online event for Fedora 15 in China area. It's my pleasure to hear your voice, suggestions and advice. Thank you very much.
Yours Sincerely â Haowei 'cnblue' Lee
Chief Administrator of FZUG (Fedora Chinese User Group)
Our SinaÂ Twitter: http://t.sina.com.cn/fzug
Fedora Project Ambassador - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:cnblue
[IRC] Haowei @ freenode
Fingerprint=C85D 5BB5 918A E6AF 0704 463B 50B8 23E0 0FBC 573E
marketing mailing list
[Fedora Legacy Announce]
[Red Hat Development]
[Red Hat 9 Bible]
[Red Hat 9 Mailing List]
[Big List of Linux Books]