Re: fedora-logo and fedora-themes discussions

On 04/15/2011 07:06 PM, Aleksandra Bookwar wrote:
> Fedora 15 release can step a little bit aside from straightforward
> "use what we gave you" Gnome approach and give more to the user just
> by shipping good-quality "gnome-tweak-tool" and
> "gnome-shell-extensions-user-theme" packages by default.
>
> And this is the thing I thought Marketing Team could help with. Of
> course I don't want you to dictate anything, but to help with finding
> the ways to convince responsible people, to provide better arguments
> and to work on the right solution.

As the person who maintains GNOME Shell Extensions package in Fedora and
did help with GNOME Tweak Tool,  I wouldn't recommend installing
extensions or tweak tool by default.  Extensions don't have a stable API
and if things break which they do, you will likely be left without a way
to even login to your system and tweak tool has a number of niggling
bugs (see GNOME bugzilla for details).    For example, if you use GNOME
Tweak tool to install a theme,  the revert button doesn't work nor does
it show the current theme.   Maybe things will stabilize in the future
but for now,  I am all for just for concentrating on the basics.

Rahul