Unknown Horizons

Hi all,

The wishlist for GAMES SIG in Fedora contemplates Unknown Horizons
(UH); I'm a part of upstream UH and I've packaged it in the past for
Fedora and openSUSE and served it through a 3rd party repository to
both platforms.

I know that Simon was working on this since 2009, and it's not my
interest to override someone, so if Simon wants to keep on packaging
UH, it's cool with me, nevertheless I would like to be involved as
well on this so that UH can be updated in time and can be available on
Fedora on the release date. My goal is also to provide upstream
support to Fedora users, this is why it's important somehow to us that
we have some control over UH packages.

I have submited a request for UH in Fedora in the past, which I closed
later after knowing Simon was working on it; things have changed and
we (UH upstream) want to colaborate with the Fedora community to
achieve the best solution possible for Fedora users.

Another issue comes with FIFE, the engine that powers up UH; I would
like to be involved in this package also (Simon's co-maintainer ?), as
I also have good relations and would like that upstream FIFE could
support officially the Fedora platform and packages.

I look forward to get some feedback regarding FIFE and UH and to work
with GAMES Sig on Fedora to provide a kick a$$ package of UH!

NM

--
Nelson Marques
// I've stopped trying to understand sandwiches with a third piece of