Re: Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 09:09:07 +0200,
  Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> *) Likely because there is lower hanging fruit for blackhats to abuse.

Another issue is multiplayer games. Some games trust servers and clients
that they really shouldn't. They really need to treat them as potentially
adversary's. I know for Wesnoth (when I was spending more time on it), there
were a few of us worried about that kind of thing, but some other games
seem to be very trusting of remotely supplied data. (You more or less have
to trust it for playing the game, but you need to be sure you don't trust
the data when it comes to system integrity.)