Re: Bootscreen

John Arntz wrote:
Hello,
Since this is my first post on here, let me introduce myself. I'm John Arntz, I joined this list b/c I was interested in suggesting/packaging games for Fedora. I'm not an IT professional, nor have a strong programming background, but I do love Linux and want to see good quality games on Fedora. I have made my own RPM's for my own use, but I would probably need a bit of help if I ever wanted to undertake making a game package good enough for official release. When I do try, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I did have a comment on the topic of the Bootscreen Discussion:

I got the boot screen with the colored bars across the bottom of the screen.
Isn't the solar plymouth plugin supposed to do something nicer during
bootup?

Try vga=ask in the grub boot prompt and select a mode which makes Plymouth use framebuffer. This doesn't make it flicker free but you will get a nicer progress screen.

Rahul