Re: Games Spin status update

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
I was able to get the games spin to boot but there was a significant
problem. X never appeared to start. There was no Xorg.0.log file. The
console had signal but was black. I could get into vts though. I tried
telinit 5 and some services changed, suggesting the I didn' come up
in runlevel 5 which is also suspicious.

Other minor issues.

There were a lot of log messages for prefdm. (I am not sure of the exact
spelling.) Apparently that program was getting run repeatedly and it
was dying.

Netmanager appeared to slow down the boot somewhat waiting for DHCP
a DHCP server.

I got the boot screen with the colored bars accross the bottom of the screen.
Isn't the solar plymouth plugin supposed to do something nicer during
bootup?

Only on ati r3xx - r5xx based cards. There have been a lot of X changes in F-10, does the regular Fedora 10 livecd run properly on that system ?

Regards,

Hans