Re: Announcing FEver - an upstream tracking system

06-12-27, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
I like the idea. Perhaps instead of the wikipage, would it make more
sense to have the list of packages for FEver to watch be housed in the
Extras CVS as a module? Would that scale out better than the wikipage.
I'm concerned that if this becomes extremely popular that the wikipage
as it is will become horribly too long.

It doesn't look like a problem; in my opinion wiki page makes it
easier to add new package to FEver, the better solution would be
separate it from the main page and put into e.g. FEver/Packages page.

Are you talking to the infrastructure team, can this be incorporated
into what they are working on for new tools?

Probably it can, but I did nothing with that so far.

Can this be used to watch for new update rpms? Let's say I maintain
package foo in Extras that depends on bar in Core. Can I use FEver
(with appropriate modifications if needed) to watch for a new bar
package in the published core updates or updates-testing and write a
bugzilla report against foo in Extras to inform me of the new update?

It seems to me that it could be done but it's not what I expect FEver
to be. It may be done as another project ;-)

--
Michał Bentkowski
mr.ecik@xxxxxxxxx