Re: FESCo Meeting Logs 2006-12-21

lonely wolf wrote:
On 12/28/2006 09:34 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

 * clement issue: Package has not been updated yet.  We'll step in and
fix it after the meeting.
  * rdieter to take a "No yum repo files in packages" rule to the
Packaging Committee.

No repository files of any package manager including Yum. Apt and Smart would be a better rule.
+1 on not allowing automatic placement of repo files (of any package manager) to be placed in their default location.

However, I think that a %doc including them (+ clear mentioning this in a README.FEDORA) would be nice. Especially since one can do yum -c /path/to/said/repo. I admit that I am lazy and I prefer this solution to reading README.FEDORA and then downloading the config file from the packager/upstream site. Especially since in the last case I would be tempted to place the downloaded file in /etc/yum.repos.d (or wherever it belongs depending on manager.)

From the convenient standpoint placing a repository directly rather than just pointing out the upstream project is definitely good but to avoid legal liabilities it is better to stay clear off any repository listings at all other than fedora-release.

Rahul