Re: Man page website

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 12:18 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> I think we can get as many as possible.
>
> But it's really not an easy job.

I've just been looking at the man2html manual. Apparently, you don't
need to convert the man pages to html. The manual says:

> This can be used as a stand-alone utility, but is mainly intended as an auxiliary, to enable users to browse their man pages using a html browser like lynx(1), xmosaic(1)  or  net‐scape(1).

The manual then mentions quite a lot of stuff about CGI(something I know
ZERO about). I suggest we involve infra in the discussion? I know
bugzilla uses CGI, and infra would probably know how to use man2html?

One requirement seems to be that we have *all* man pages from *all* out
packages installed on the host so that man2html can run on it. I'm not
sure if we have a host that has all packages installed. Again, infra
would probably be able to shed more light on these details.

And, uh, I would like to help out on this ;)

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.