Re: GNOME Docs Hackfest

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:44:12PM -0500, Christopher Antila wrote:
> If only this were a month later! I'm attending university only a 1.5-hour, $15
> bus-ride from Toronto, and I would really enjoy taking part in the hackfest...
> but I can't justify leaving school for that long on those days :(
>
> Maybe next time.

Actually, you may not need to wait...

I was talking to shaunm on IRC about remotely participating.  He said
the team has received several requests about this.  They expect to be
hanging out on irc.gimp.net (GIMPNet, also irc.gnome.org) at #docs
channel.

I recommend you come by that channel, introduce yourself, and then
find out what you need to do to prepare to participate remotely in the
hackfest.  That way, no travel requirement, but you can still pitch in
as you have time over the length of the event.