task tracking

In conversation with Paul this morning on #fedora-docs, he reminded me
that whenever we have tried to manage Docs tasks with a wiki list or
table, it quickly turns in to bitrot.

It's easy to put up a quick task list on a wiki page, but it's never
sufficient, and it quickly turns to ignored dust until the next time
we need it.  Then it's quickly updated (usually too late to make a
difference), and we repeat the cycle.

I have some slim time I can give to Docs right now, and it looks to me
like task tracking is a good thing to focus on.  It would assist
project management, existing and new writers, and other teams relying
upon knowing when Docs' work is being done.[1]

Folks in Fedora have been using Trac for this, because it is a task tracking
tool primarily, and is pretty good for that.  For example:

https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/1

Any thoughts about this?

Would you all like me to take a shot at organizing all our tasks for
the F13 release in to categorized and milestone-marked items in Trac?

If so, I'll run it for this release as best as I am able, and will be
forcefully training the world so it can be less of a one-person item
next time.  That includes documenting _how_ to use Trac for task
management for this team, etc.

- Karsten

[1] https://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/How_to_loosely_organize_a_community#Tasks.2C_tasks.2C_tasks_or_.27Project_management_matters.27