Re: Non-JS browsers and docs.fp.o

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 20:14:03 -0500,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We had a user show up in #fedora-docs and alert us to a problem with
> using w3m, links, or other non-JS browsers.  There's no way to use the
> existing selections to get to a guide as far as he (or I) could tell.
> I'm thinking in particular of people who use text browsers for a11y
> reasons, but I think there are other non-JS users out there too.

Besides occasionally using lynx for stuff, I use Firefox with JS disabled
most of the time. I turn it on only when I want something from a site bad
enough. While Fedora is generally in the category where I would do that
(for example, some of the package database stuff doesn't work without it
as far as I can tell) I prefer not to. I have asked nicely about bodhi in
the past and it was fixed (by Luke I think) pretty quickly. I generally
expect Fedora to be a project where they wouldn't expect their contributors
and users to take on the additional risk of enabling JS in their browsers
as well as wanting to make things accessible for people using browsers
that don't even have the option of enabling JS.