Re: Mission statement questions

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 05:52:44PM -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
>   Revised final proposal
>
>   The mission of the Fedora Documentation Project is to provide
>   documentation to users and contributors to improve the overall usage
>   and experience of Fedora. We do that by overseeing
>   community-maintained content, explaining the usage of certain pieces
>   of software or systems, and documenting technology recommendations
>   and for special events (releases, etc). In pursuit of this work, the
>   Docs Project creates and works with 100% free/libre and open source
>   software, content, tools, and processes to create a reusable
>   documentation system that is buildable from source by anyone and
>   free forever.
>
> Any final thoughts here on list?

No problems with your rationale, I just have one question (likely
missing brain cells on this side of the wire).  I'm trying to parse
"documenting technology recommendations and for special events" and
coming up confused.  Can "for" be eliminated there, or should this be
"creating documentation for technology recommendations and special
events..."?