Re: User Guide status?

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:36:15PM -0500, susan_lists@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Matthew, Betty, et al
>
> What is the status of the user's guide?
> I wanted to help more but I haven't gotten a FC9 box put together to run
> through fact checking for you. :(

We're nearly there with the F9, so it might be fine to go ahead with
F10 for you?

Or a virtualized instance might help.

> I would like to contribute to the FC10 version though - specifically I would
> like to expand on Managing Photos
> to include some screen shots and reference some other included software and
> options.

That sounds good, although I'll give you the usual caveat about
screenshots and why we eschew them:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide/FedoraSpecific#Screenshots_and_Images

> Will that be done in the wiki?  Or straight in XML from a git repo?
> I'm good with either - just let me know where the FC10 version is located as
> soon as you get it moved over.

That is a good question that Matthew and others need to think about.
Once the initial F9 User Guide is converted, it might be easier to do
the F10 update directly in XML.

However, history around here has shown that you get a *lot* more
contributors when you draft in the wiki.  If the conversion process
can be brought down to a few hours or so, then doing the work in the
wiki makes more sense -- you get more collaboration, more visibility
in to the work in progress, and so forth.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41