Re: Virtual Hackfest Schedule to be finalized!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 04:54:11PM -0500, Betty Harvey wrote:
> Later in the week will actually work better for me since I just
> decided to visit family in Mississippi December 26-29.  How does
> the 31st sound?

(Sorry, thought I'd replied to this.)

Thanks, I moved this to 31 December.

> I am going to do some test work on getting the documents out of WIKI
> and start writing the conversion routines.  I am hoping that XSLT will
> get us all the way there but if not I use Omnimark for preprocessing
> (sorry don't do perl or awk or sed very well).

Understood about the other languages; if we get a set of specific
tasks we want accomplished, we have many fellow Fedorans with Python
skills who will help us.

We cannot use Omnimark for the Docs Project work, primarily because it
isn't open source, so cannot be installed and used by other project
members to duplicate work, etc.

I'll see if Ricky Zhou is available to help us with any
post-processing.  Have you had a chance to try 'mw-render' to get XML
from wiki pages?

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41