Google
  Web www.spinics.net

Re: [389-users] Performance differences between 1.1.2 and 1.2.6/1.2.7

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


ï
Ok, I did install a directory instance with
 
nsslapd-subtree-rename-switch: off
 
and loaded the exact same database. Here are the results:
I got 5630 searches/sec for the 1.2.7.5 directory instance (nsslapd-subtree-rename-switch: on)
I got 6150 searches/sec for the 1.2.7.5 directory instance (nsslapd-subtree-rename-switch: off)
I got 6890 searches/sec for the 1.1.2 directory instance.
 
The subtree-rename feature does have an impact on the search-performance, however 1.2.7.5 is appoxiamately 10 % slower than 1.1.2
 
-Reinhard


From: 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Noriko Hosoi
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:27 PM
To: 389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [389-users] Performance differences between 1.1.2 and 1.2.6/1.2.7

(2011å02æ10æ 08:37), Rich Megginson wrote:
On 02/10/2011 09:32 AM, Reinhard Nappert wrote:
Hi,
I noticed that the search performance increased quite a bit with 1.2.6/1.2.7.5, compared to 1.1.2.
 
I did a rather simple test, where I randomly searched objects from a small database with about 25.000 objects. I assume that those objects are cached.
The tests were performed on a 2 Dual CPU (1.8 GH clock speed) box with 16 GB RAM.
 
I did perform 7.000.000 searches with 7 threads (1.000.000 searches per thread). Both directory instances were configured in exactly the same way.
 
I got 5630 searches/sec for the 1.2.7.5 directory instance, whereas
I got 6890 searches/sec for the 1.1.2 directory instance.
 
I was wondering what the reason for the performance decrease is.
Could be the entryrdn (subtree rename) support.  Not sure.  You could try disabling that.
Or since the DB is small, you could run the search performance test after putting all entries on the entry cache.  If you see the competitive result, the cause should be entryrdn.

If you are disabling entryrdn, you have to do export the DB to an ldif file, disable entryrdn, then import the ldif file back.  (Sorry, there is no backward tool.)
 
Thanks,
-Reinhard
-- 389 users mailing list 389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

-- 389 users mailing list 389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

[Fedora Directory Devel]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Home]     [Fedora Tools]     [Kernel]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Share Photos]     [Fedora Desktop]     [PAM]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Red Hat 9 Bible]     [Red Hat 9]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]

Add to Google