Re: [389-users] build/package scripts for debian and ubuntu

Roberto Polli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd create an git repository with Ryan scripts. they are great and really easy
> to understand!
>
> Moreover, as those scripts have some parts in common, I'm refactoring them
> using functions, tmpfiles and some further bash commodities..
>
> I'm trying to involve other people too.
>
> @richm: if for Ryan is fine,  can you create a git repository to let people
> collaborate about them?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you want these scripts to go into 389
upstream?  And use the 389 git repo for this?  Is that how it works in
the debian world?  For fedora, for example, all of the build
scripts/spec files are kept in the fedora repo - pkgs.fedoraproject.org
- how does debian handle it?
> @ryan: feel free to chat me on robipolli@xxxxxxxxx for discussing on that
> issue
>
> Otherwise I'll create a yet-another-debian-scripts-for-389-org repository on
> sourceforge.

Well, you don't have to use sourceforge - github is nice.  But yes,
there should be an official place for debian build scripts - either they
should go into the debian build system, or into 389 upstream.  I'd
rather have the former.