[389-users] Netscape / 389 Multi-Master

Hi,

I have an old Netscape 6.0 setup which consists of 3 Masters in a
multi-master setup which replicate down to various hubs and consumers.

I was planning on building an exact replacement with 389 consisting of 3
Multi Masters and the various hubs etc and then settting up one of the
389 masters to replicate back and forth with one of the Netscape
masters.  The thinking being that having just one path between Netscape
and 389 would keep it simple and make it easy to track changes.

Now I read the limit for Multi-Master is 4 servers.  In the above does
that class as 6 Masters, or is the limit per server in which case each
server only talks to 2 other Masters, apart from the 389->Netscape
gateway Masters which would talk to 3 other Masters?

I dont need to have every Master replicate to every other Master do I?
This is just while we migrate from ancient Netscape servers to 389, one
complete the Netscapes will be turned off and the replication agreements
removed on the 389 servers.

Thanks.

Jim.