Re: [389-users] Console breaks when enabling no anoymous binding

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
>>> I found the cause of the problem for the "An error has occurred".
>>> When you first click on Manage Certificates in the Admin Server console it prompts you for a password and I believe create the cert store in /etc/dirsrv/admin->serv/
>>> I then added the same CA that I used in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-testmasterserver/ cert db. However if you then again remove this CA you get the error has mentioned >message as mentioned above. This is probably not strictly spoken a bug but it would be really "nice" if the error message could tell you that the cert database for >the admin console is empty. I am not sure why it what the interdependence is but from my 10 000 feet view it seems not necessary.
>>>
>> What's not necessary?  Note that the admin server and directory server
>> have separate cert databases.  Also note that the NSS crypto team is
>> working towards a unified system-wide cert db.
>>

> That could have been more clear, I meant that a lack of certs in the Admin Server db should not cause an error when trying to access cert information in the directory server db. But as I said that is from 10 000 feet viewpoint.

The SSL client must have a CA cert.  In this case, the SSL client is the
Admin Server, and the SSL server is the configuration directory server
(the directory server that holds o=NetscapeRoot).  When the "Use SSL in
Console" is selected, the console and admin server will use SSL to
contact the configuration DS.
> A system-wide cert db would be really cool. Out of interest, would that also unify /etc/openldap/cacerts?

Not sure, but I would assume it would include those as well.