Re: F21 Self Contained Change: Playground repository

On 04/17/2014 02:34 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/15/2014 05:58 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

...snip...

Packages for the repository are built in COPR. The COPR owner can
propose the repository as a whole for inclusion into the Playground
repository by marking it as such in COPR. Repositories/packages
successfully built and satisfying the Playground repository's
Policies are copied into the Playgroud repository. The one Playground
repository includes many Copr repositories.

I'm a bit confused here. Is there another repo that all playground
packages are copied to? Or are they just seperate copr repos?
Ok, on further reading there is a seperate repo. This would be mirrored?

No copying, there is not so much space on Copr. It's not a real repository,
but set of Copr projects marked as Playground. They will be installed by dnf
plugin, I recommend to look how the plugin works:
http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/03/19/copr-plugin/

It will be almost the same for Playground plugin.

This reminds me of something else that wasn't clear to some FESCo
members yesterday.  The wording around dnf being required can seem to
imply that you require dnf to replace yum across the entire system.
 From my understanding, that isn't required and people only need to use
dnf if they wish to use the playground plugin.  Is that correct?  If
so you might want to clarify the wording in the requirements section.

josh

My bad, I thought everyone is testing dnf heavily these days :) You can install yum and dnf without conflicts. Dnf must be used for installation and management of Playground repo, rest of the system can be still handled by yum.

Marcela