Re: F21 System Wide Change: Mono 3.4

On 04/09/2014 12:42 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> So yes, FESCo should take it into consideration but I'd like to avoid
> situation when this Change will be banned solely on "not a
> maintainer".

Yes -- I am hoping that someone who understands the Mono stack and has
distro-wide commit access would step up and help elsupergomez push this
through.

The Scope section of the Change as it is right now, basically says that
the proposal owners are going to build a new mono package and that's it.
Leaving it up to other maintainers to fix up any resulting breakage
never ends well; instead I would expect the people pushing for this
drive the changes distro wide.

And if nobody steps up, might be worth getting elsupergomez commit
access to the whole mono stack.

Just don't push this to rawhide and hope that broken dependencies and
the whole mono stack somehow magically repairs itself :)

--
Kalev