Re: Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

On 03/21/2014 02:05 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 06:34:22PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>I wonder whether it wouldn't be time to say goodbye to tcpwrappers in
>Fedora. There has been a request in systemd upstream to disable support
I talked to some of the RHEL planning people, and they're okay
with marking it deprecated in RHEL7. That allays some of my concerns about
downstream enterprise needs -- although there was also the comment that the
libwrap2 approach would be a good one.

I'm also collecting some feedback from CentOS users. I'll wait to report on
that for a little bit, but I think in general the majority response is okay
with it, with a significantly vocal "why change things that work?"

In other words you are telling us that now to get something implemented or removed in Fedora we have to not only deal with our usual politics and bureaucracy but also all the downstream distribution to us as well...

JBG