Re: SSD disk over Fedora 20... ?

On 03/13/2014 08:10 PM, Álvaro Castillo wrote:
Dear devel mailing list,

I would like to know more information about SSD in Fedora. How I can
manage spaces, partition's disk and more?

I read about SSD with TRIM support improvements more lyfe cycle
durability between other things. I read too that a bad partition
scheme would be dangerously decreases a life time of SSD considerably.
I am bit worried. More people that buys a laptop with SSD, or buys SSD
to install Fedora on It.

Grretings!
While I am sure others may not agree but you should take a look at BTRFS on the SSD.

I am a recent convert to seeing the benefits of the SSD and also have become quite enamored with BTRFS. I have been running this combo for almost two years now. I especially like having a pair of SSDs which are all under a single BTRFS filesystem with multiple subvolumes ... all freespace is shared between all of the subvolumes. The BTRFS filesystem is configured a data=0 (raid0) and metadata=1 (raid1).

Gene