Re: Per-Product Config file divergence

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It may be that vanilla alternatives is unsuitable but we want something
> alternatives-like (an external tool that updates the config file) rather
> than something based on rpm metadata (Conflicts which causes you to have
> either one or the other package installed).

Yep, that's exactly my thinking. Hard to think through the scenarios
without some concrete examples.

Is there a listing of concrete use-cases? i.e.: server configuration
with a paranoid settings for sshd_conf / sudoers / securetty , vs more
liberal desktop config?

 martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff